Executive Vice President of Sales
Shooter Detection Systems is seeking an experienced, highly ambitious, self-motivated individual to lead our sales department as the Executive Vice President of Sales. This individual will be responsible for implementing and managing all aspects of the company’s sales including channel management, expansion of the existing sales team, managing relationships with all customers and developing product sales growth. The role requires an experienced sales manager with solid security industry and product knowledge, and exceptional sales management skills. The candidate must be able to operate in a matrix organization, working with our customers as well as sales, product management, engineering, and operations teams.
- Full ownership of all relationships including channel management, consultants, end-users and strategic partnerships
- Build a team of Inside Sales Representatives and Regional Sales Directors; lead, develop and motivate the sales team to meet/exceed sales goals
- Build and maintain aggressive account growth plans of top dealers, partners and end users and execute those plans
- Deliver on financial objectives, including providing accurate sales forecasting
- Build, implement and measure sales action plans to effectively and efficiently execute company strategy
- Add value to dealers and channel partners through growth and support activities including product demonstrations, regional trade shows, and product roadshows
- Manage sales competencies to maximize success, including but not limited to prospecting, lead generation, influencing, business acumen, and business judgment
- Hold yourself accountable to the effective execution of key deliverables, key metrics, and key activities
- Provide clear communication and intense support to your Regional Sales Directors
- Maintain extensive knowledge of customers, opportunities, markets, and competition
- Enable connections with proper internal resources to provide our customers with value and ease of doing business
- Own RFP responses and submittals
- Execute internal business deliverables within the appropriate timeframe
- Provide productive strategic and market feedback to the business
- Build and execute plans to support dealer, customer and market training needs
- Manage and execute on market strategic initiatives and programs
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 7 years proven sales management experience required
- 5 years of Security industry sales experience preferred
- Experience building a channel partner program strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal written/verbal communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- Developed and proven sales management skills including overseeing prospecting, negotiating, influencing, and selling
- Ability to interface and influence at all levels in the organization
- Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive and high energy, strong customer focus and responsiveness, adaptable
- Technically competent to run product demonstrations
- Self-managed and goal-oriented
- Strong ethical and moral compass
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time with remote working options
WHY WORK FOR SHOOTER DETECTION SYSTEMS?
Collaborate with outstanding people: We hire only the best. Our quality standards are high and our employees enjoy working alongside other high achievers.
Make a difference: Be on the leading edge of an exciting growth industry where we create innovative and lifesaving solutions to one of the world’s most perplexing problems – the active shooter threat. No matter what role you play for the company, everyone at SDS is a part of the solution.
Gain well rounded experience: Shooter Detection Systems offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and gain a broad knowledge base across multiple areas of the business.
Focus on fun: Shooter Detection Systems takes the business of leading the market in gunshot detection very seriously, but we also find ways to make our job fun! We make time for company offsite meetings where we can connect and reset as a team and enjoy holiday gatherings and happy hours. We also love to plan exciting events for our customers and partners where we work hard to deliver excellent experiences and play hard to celebrate our efforts.
Shooter Detection Systems was founded in 2013 to build upon proven military gunshot detection systems and apply them for indoor applications in the commercial market. SDS is responsible for the creation of the growing gunshot detection market and continues to lead this market with innovative life safety products and services geared towards improving active shooter detection and response. SDS systems are now protecting schools, businesses, government agencies and public venues of all kinds across the nation and overseas, including many household-name corporations in the Fortune 500. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
Shooter Detection Systems offers competitive pay and benefits including health, dental, and a 401(k) plan with employer match, paid holidays and paid time off increasing with tenure.
Shooter Detection Systems is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by law.
Applicants to and employees of this company are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Follow the link above to find out more.
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.